Works for both prepaid and postpaid mobile connections. You will have to make a mobile number portability request to your current mobile operator.
1. SMS PORT <your Mobile Number> to 1900
Example: PORT 9898989898 to 1900
2. Ignore the UPC (Unique Porting Code). It will expire automatically.
3. Within 1-2 days you will get a call from customer retention department asking for the reason. Tell them “other” network (airtel, reliance, vodafone, etc…) is offering plans with lower call charges and more data usage. They will make an offer so that you don’t change your mobile operator. Accept it.
4. If you don’t get a call – it does not matter, because you lose nothing.
Offers from Airtel:
• Prepaid – Special plan: 10p/min for airtel, 30p/min for local, 40p/min for std calls.
• Postpaid – Free double talk time.
• Postpaid – Rs. 99 plan: Free Rs. 100 worth talk time.
Offers from Vodafone:
• Prepaid and Postpaid – Free 6GB or 4GB data usage for 3 months.
• Postpaid – Rs. 199 plan: Free 400 minutes to any network and 100 SMS.
Note: May or may not work. Free talk time is only offered for postpaid users.